|Frequently Asked Questions
- What are LRC's working hours?
LRC is open from 8AM to 2AM.
- How do I access the library site?
You can access the library site by clicking on LRC Updates on intranet portal: http://atrium.
- Can my spouse/children use the LRC?
Yes your spouse/children can access the library, but can borrow the books only by producing the student's ID card or spouse’s ID card.
- Which are the other libraries in Hyderabad, that I can make use of?
LRC has a formal institutional membership with the British Library; you can get the membership card issued at the Level 2 circulation counter.
- Are there any guidelines/policies on library usage?
You can find the various guidelines/policies at LRC Policies.
- Where should I mail my reference query?
You can send any of your queries to Learning Resource Centre
- Can I get a photocopy of a book?
You can get the photocopy of only 10% of total pages of a book.
- How can I access the Library Catalogue?
You can access the library’s catalogue through the Online Catalogue.
- How can I borrow a resource?
Browse the LRC Circulation Policy.
- Where can I return a book?
You can return the book at any of the counters at LRC.
- How can I renew a book?
You can renew a book through the Online Catalogue or by sending an email to the Learning Resource Centre
- How can I access my account online?
You can login into patron access through the Online Catalogue
- Which resources can I not borrow?
The resources which you cannot borrow are current and immediate next term books, current journals, case studies, video cassettes and reference material.
- How do I reserve a book/DVD?
You can reserve a book/DVD only if its checked out; the same can be reserved through the Online Catalogue or by sending an email to Learning Resource Centre or call 7999/7963
- What are the Term books?
Term books are the required and recommended reading suggested by a faculty for a particular term. The copies of the same will be made available at LRC for reference.
- How can I suggest a book?
A suggestion form is available at all the counters of LRC, and you can also suggest online through the Book Suggestion form on this site.
- Does the LRC have fiction or light reading books?
The LRC has a sizeable number of light reading books such as Calvin & Hobbes/Asterix/Tin Tin and many others for children and adults.
- Where can I find the back issues of Journals?
The back issues of the journals are available at Level-IV of LRC.
- How do I access the journal online?
Online Journals can be accessed through the LRC site from the below link http://library/journals.asp
- What is Info Watch on B-schools?
Info- Watch: A proactive information product tracking all the published information and recent developments in various key success factors of B-schools across the world.
- How do I access Info Watch?
Go to Info Watch and key in the username as 6071XXXX and Password as "password". Incase if you have any access problem write an email to Learning Resource Centre.
- Is there a ready list of Top companies/Rankings etc?
You can get the ready list of company ranking like BT 500, Fortune 500 etc through Industry Watch & Placement Guide.
- Can I access the CDs online?
You can access the CDs online through the CD Watch.
- Do I need to come to LRC to access the database?
Most of the databases subscribed by LRC are IP enabled so you can access the same from any where with in the campus.
- Where can I get a list of databases subscribed by LRC?
You can access databases through Quick links>>LRC Updates>>intranet portal: http://atrium.
- Are there any database guides available online?
Yes, all the databases are provided with the database guides, along with the name of the database on LRC page, on our intranet: http://atrium
- How do I find articles on my topic?
You can find the article of your topic through the following Management Literature Databases
- How do I find company information? (India/Global)
You can access all the company related information through the Company Information databases.
- Which database would give me the company financials?
Browse the following databases on Indian Perspective Capital Market Cyberline (Capitaline); ISI Emerging Market; Mergent Online; Hoovers and Prowess.
- Where can I get the overviews of industries and trends?
You can get the overview of Industries and trends through the databases ISI Emerging Market; Investext Plus (Gale DB); Vault's Career Library and Wetfeet's Career Resources.
- Where can I find the market research reports on industries?
Access the following Market Research Databases and Industry Watch for the market research reports on industries.
- Where can I find the corporate reports?
Browse the following databases on Indian Perspective Capital Market Cyberline (Capitaline); ISI Emerging Market; and Prowess.
- Where can I find the general economic and demographic data?
You can access the economic and demographic information from the databases EIU Country Data ; EIU Country Indicators Global; Global Market Information Database (GMID) ; India Stat and Business Beacon.
- Where can I find any country report and its economic and political conditions?
Browse the database like EIU.com which covers the country report, country forecast, Business china, Business Asia and also the database Datamonitor
- How do I access database Prowess from my Laptop?
Prowess database can be mapped on to your Laptop by connecting to \\isbsapling\CMIE\Prowess\client and by running the setup.exe.